The Sweetest Secret 2021: Tang Weiwei (Rainbow Xu Mengjie) is a recent college graduate who has always dreamed of becoming a psychologist. However, her parents have other plans for her and want her to get married before she turns 28. Tang Weiwei has a mental illness, and while facing countless trials and challenges, she is distressed and anxious, as if she is an enemy of the world.
The Sweetest Secret
Lin Ran (Chen Zheyuan) is a 6-year younger neighbor and classmate of Tang Weiwei. He has always had a crush on her, but she has always seen him as a younger brother. In order to stop his father from setting him up on dates, Lin Ran claims that Tang Weiwei is pregnant with his child. This starts a fake romance between the two, but as they spend more time together, they begin to develop real feelings for each other.
Tang Weiwei’s mental illness is a major obstacle in her relationship with Lin Ran. She has frequent panic attacks and episodes of dissociation, and she often pushes Lin Ran away because she is afraid of hurting him. However, Lin Ran is patient and understanding, and he never gives up on her. He helps her to face her fears and to work through her trauma.
With Lin Ran’s help, Tang Weiwei slowly begins to heal. She starts to feel more confident and secure in herself, and she is able to pursue her dream of becoming a psychologist. She also learns to open up to Lin Ran and to trust him with her deepest secrets.
The Sweetest Secret is a heartwarming story about love, friendship, and healing. It is a reminder that even in the darkest of times, there is always hope.
Here are some additional details about the characters and the plot:
- Tang Weiwei: A 22-year-old woman who has a mental illness. She is intelligent and kind, but she is also shy and anxious. She has always dreamed of becoming a psychologist, but her parents want her to get married before she turns 28.
- Lin Ran: A 16-year-old boy who is Tang Weiwei’s neighbor and classmate. He has always had a crush on her, but she has always seen him as a younger brother. He is kind, funny, and understanding, and he is always there for Tang Weiwei when she needs him.
- Tang Weiwei’s parents: They are traditional Chinese parents who want their daughter to get married before she turns 28. They do not understand Tang Weiwei’s mental illness, and they often pressure her to conform to their expectations.
- Lin Ran’s father: He is a single father who is raising Lin Ran on his own. He is a kind and supportive father, and he always encourages Lin Ran to follow his dreams.
- Lin Ran’s best friend: He is a popular and outgoing boy who is always getting into trouble. He is a loyal friend to Lin Ran, and he is always there for him when he needs him.
The Sweetest Secret is a 24-episode drama that aired in China in 2021. It is available to watch with English subtitles on iQIYI.
A 27 years old postgraduate student majoring in Psychology, Tang Wei Wei, could not pursue her dreams due to family’s opposition. Her father intended for her to be married before she turns 28 years old and suspended her academic dreams. Lin Ran, 6 years younger brother, volunteered to help her. They later turned into couple. Here the sweet journey starts.
- Native Title: 你是我最甜蜜的心事
- Also Known As: You Are My Sweetest Thing , Ni Shi Wo Zui Tian Mi De Xin Shi
- Screenwriter: Alice
- Director: Xie Yi Hang
- Genres: Psychological, Romance, Life
This review may contain spoilers
The story of the lil bro trying to chase the older sister ((not blood related)
Seriously someone should update the summary of this drama,..
Female lead studies psychology and contemplates whether to do grad school. Male lead is 6 years younger than the female lead. The female lead was always there to take care of him. He has always had a crush on his “sister”. He;s obviously a little more naughty and playful , while the. female lead is more calm and collected. The dad always tries to set her up with dates. In order to stop the dad from setting more dates the male lead claims the female lead is pregnant! lol starting their fake romance!
Although their relationship is super cute! like you could totally feel the love of the male lead for his sister….. They kinda have a weird relationship. Weird in the sense… is like i thought they were together, wait they actually arent,,,, they have miscommunication, break up, get back together. They get their marriage license… yet the male lead still proposes to her. It just seems like a back and forth chasing…Like the female lead likes him but i dont even know when they were offically together.
The story development is a little lacking in the sense that it just goes back and forth between the leads. I didnt feel much character development from the female lead or male lead. Also they made it mysterious as to why the male lead eats candy /sweet he gets an allergic reaction They dont really explain or elaborate on it.
Official Trailer | The Sweetest Secret | iQiyi Romance
She starts her own dessert shop after…And it wasn’t successfully initially. Joey chua is cute in here but her personality is to wishy washy…. Can’t believe the actor is born in 2000.