CLEVELAND, OHIO – www.mbma.com: Each year the Metal Building Manufacturers Association (MBMA) honors member companies that demonstrate exceptional performance in maintaining workplace safety. These awards are given to Building Systems members as well as Associate members for their performance during the previous calendar year. Safety awards for the 2022 year were presented during the 2023 MBMA Spring Meeting held May 8 – 10 in Nashville, Tennessee.
“MBMA and its Safety Committee, under the direction of chair David Weatherford, works diligently to promote safety throughout the metal building systems industry,” says Tony Bouquot, MBMA general manager. “Both Building Systems members as well as Associate members participate in the safety program, and we are proud to honor those members who have exceptional safety records.”
In 2022, Building Systems members had 44 plant facilities that participated in MBMA’s Quarterly OSHA Injury Statistics Program, logging over 15 million hours on the job. “MBMA and our member companies strive to make the industry a safe place for everyone,” adds Bouquot. “Effective safety initiatives have many benefits, including boosting employee morale, improving operations, and mitigating insurance risks and exposure to OSHA audits.”
MBMA’s awards program consists of three categories. The 2022 Superior Safety Award was presented to four plants that achieved zero recordable cases for the entire calendar year, which is a significant accomplishment. The 20 facilities that received the 2022 Safety Performance Award achieved an incident rate equal to 50% or less than the OSHA industry average. The 2022 Associate Member Safety Award went to seven companies with facilities that achieved zero recordable cases for the year, also a major achievement.
The following is a comprehensive list of 2022 MBMA safety award winners:
2022 Superior Safety Award – In recognition of Building Systems member manufacturing facilities with zero recordable incidents.
• Nucor Building Systems (La Crosse, VA)
• Spirco Manufacturing (Memphis, TN)
• Terry Building Company, Inc. (Oklahoma City, OK)
• Vulcan Steel Structures, Inc. (Adel, GA)
2022 Safety Performance Award – In recognition of Building Systems member manufacturing facilities having achieved an incident rate equal to 50% or less than the industry average as reported by OSHA.
• American Buildings Company (El Paso, IL)
• BlueScope Buildings North America, Inc. (Annville, PA; St. Joseph, MO; Visalia, CA)
• Cornerstone Building Brands (Atwater, CA; Elizabethton, TN; Houston, TX; Mt. Pleasant, IA)
• Inland Buildings (Culman, AL)
• Kirby Building Systems, Inc. (Portland, TN)
• Nucor Building Systems (Brigham City, UT; Swansea, SC; Terrell, TX; Waterloo, IN)
• Pinnacle Structures, Inc. (Cabot, AR)
• Red Dot Buildings (Athens, TX)
• Schulte Building Systems, Inc. (Hockley, TX; Hueytown, AL)
• Sunward Steel Buildings (Walterboro, SC)
• Whirlwind Steel Buildings (Houston, TX)
2022 Associate Member Safety Award – In recognition of Associate member facilities with zero recordable incidents.
• AkzoNobel Coatings (Huron, OH)
• Bay Insulation Systems (Aurora, CO; Baton Rouge, LA; Coppell, TX; Eastlake, OH; Easton, PA; Fresno, CA; Green Bay, WI; High Point, NC; Houston, TX; Indianapolis, IN; Kansas City, MO; Louisville, KY; Memphis, TN; Norcross, GA; Orlando, FL; Pensacola, FL; Phoenix, AZ; Raleigh, NC; Roanoke, VA; St. Louis, MO)
• Curbs Plus (El Dorado, KS)
• IDEAS CONNX, LLC (Magnolia, TX)
• Metallic Products Corporation (Houston, TX)
• Silvercote A Service Partners Company (Byram, MS; Dallas, TX – 2 locations; Denver, CO; Duluth, GA; Fresno, CA; Greenville, SC; Houston, TX; Itasca, IL; Little Rock, AR; Macedonia, OH; Mansfield, OH; Marshfield, WI; Pottstown, PA; Salt Lake City, UT; Scotia, NY; Sioux Falls, SD; Spokane Valley, WA – 2 locations; Springfield, KY; Stockton, CA; Wright City, MO)
• Wurth Construction Services (Hicksville, NY; Phoenixville, PA; Greensboro, NC; Tampa, FL)