Commercial Real Estate : Browse through our extensive listings of premier commercial real estate properties in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, and throughout Cambodia, including office spaces, retail and business spaces, hotels and guesthouses, commercial villas, commercial buildings, warehouses and factories, and lands.
Commercial Real Estate in Cambodia
September has been a relentless month for projects topping off in Phnom Penh. And the latest to join the pack of new developments completing soon is the Phnom Penh Galaxy Garden!
The Phnom Penh Galaxy Garden is a new development located in Phnom Penh Thmey, Sen Sok – a district in the northwestern part of the Cambodian capital. Phnom Penh Galaxy Garden is being developed as a residential and commercial project close to mega-developments including AEON Mall 2, a flagship shopping mall from Japan, and Makro Supermarket, an international wholesaler.
Whether you are looking for a commercial property for rent, for sale, or for investment opportunities, you will find a suitable property handpicked for you. Start browsing now or contact any of our residential real estate agents.
A commercial property pertains to buildings or land acquired for the purpose of generating a profit or rental income.
These include office buildings, medical centers, hotels, malls, retail stores, farmland, apartment buildings, and warehouses.
Residential properties that have more units is considered as commercial property.
Commercial Office Buildings
Office Buildings are single-tenant properties, small professional office buildings, downtown skyscrapers, shophouses, and villas converted into office spaces.
Phnom Penh Galaxy Garden is offering up to 20% discount on buyers starting September 14 to October 13. The discount will be applicable to buyers who make full down payment within the promotion period.
- An office building, also known as a business center is a type of commercial building that features spaces primarily designed to be used for offices.
- These buildings are divided into sections for 2 or more companies or may be dedicated to one specific company.
- Companies typically have a reception area, meeting rooms, single or open-plan offices spaces, and gender-specific restrooms.
- Many office buildings also have a kitchen/pantry area or a staff room where workers can have lunch or a short break.
- Additionally, some office spaces are also serviced office spaces, which means that those occupying the building share the facilities.
- Office buildings are graded depending on their characteristics. Class A office buildings have “high-quality standard finishes, state of the art systems, exceptional accessibility and a definite market presence.”, as described by BOMA (Building Owners and Managers Association).
- Commercial buildings are ideal for businesses that need room for cubicles, reception area, offices, and conference rooms.
- Office Buildings, except for employees, don’t see a tremendous amount of foot traffic. They are usually centrally located, making it easier for employees to commute.
Retail and Restaurant Commercial Spaces
The Phnom Penh Galaxy Garden is one of the most sought-after properties in Sen Sok with a starting price of only $73,000. Its developer is also offering furniture packages for buyers. The Phnom Penh Galaxy Garden is expected to be handover in Q2 2023.
Interested in this property? Inquire through our listing below!
Retail/Restaurant Space includes street-level spaces on roads, individually owned retail buildings, neighborhood shopping stores, larger malls with a grocery store, big shopping complexes and outlet malls.
- Retail spaces are in high demand due to a large amount of foot traffic. Often times they are located near stores – such as grocery stores, which can also help to increase foot traffic.
- Retail space comes in various sizes and is located in buildings, enclosed malls, shopping centers, downtown shopping areas or mixed-use structures.
- Retail space is also available in airports and other transportation facilities, hotel lobbies, sports stadiums, and temporary or special-event venues.
Residential Complex pertains to apartment complexes, skyscraper or high-rise buildings built for residential use. Anything larger than a 4-door duplex is considered commercial real estate.
Residential spaces are commercial housing structures where multiple separate housing units are built in one building or group of buildings.Types of Residential Spaces
- Condominiums – where units are typically acquired by an individual that provided with a Strata title.
- Apartment Complex – residential buildings owned and operated by one individual and contains 2 or more apartments for rent. Residents usually share common areas and amenities including pools, parking areas, and clubhouse.
- Mixed use building – a building with space for both commercial and residential use.
- Shophouse – two to five-story building that features a shop on the street level and residential space on the upper floors.
Commercial Land refers to investment properties on undeveloped, raw, rural land that is undergoing or will undergo future development as well as land in urban areas that can be used to build a commercial property.
Lands for Sale and rent, especially in Sihanoukville and nearby provinces, are in high demand due to the influx of foreign investors in the country.
Land size and price per sq.m. depends on the type of development needed to be put on the land whether agricultural, commercial, manufacturing or residential use.Other Types Commercial Real Estate
Miscellaneous – pertains to other non-residential properties such as hotels, guesthouses, hospitality properties, medical, and self-storage developments like warehouses.
- Hotels and Guesthouses are wise choices when looking to buy a property or invest in a business. The country is one of the major tourist destinations among the Southeast Asian Countries.
- Commercial villas are previously family-owned houses converted to guesthouses and low-mid range boutique hotels.
- Other commercial spaces that are in high demand are warehouses and storage spaces for garment and manufacturing firms.
Businesses for Sale – aside from actual properties, this page will also feature listings of Businesses that are currently for rent or for sale.
Restaurants coffee shops, Boutique hotels and guesthouses, bars and transportation businesses are types of commercial properties that are featured in our listing.
Prices depend on the current financial aspects of the business, estimated ROI, monthly rental on the property, rental security deposit, and remaining years on the lease of the venue where the business is located.
Independent Property Services (IPS) has grown to be the premier real estate company in Cambodia, with offices located in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap providing premium real estate opportunities and catering to the local and expat market since 2009. Whether it is a new residence, commercial space, or land you seek, our property agents can present you with first-rate choices that fit your budget and lifestyle. IPS manages condominiums for rent, houses for rent, and apartments for rent in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, and other properties are also available for rent and sale in throughout Cambodia.
Picking experts is key to making the most from real estate, says RICS
Cambodia has a lot of laws and regulations on what you can and can’t build and where you can build it. It also has a lot of agents who are willing to offer advice without doing the legwork to guide you through the red tape, according to members of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
Simon Vancliff is the chief executive officer of WB Sport Village Co Ltd. The company is building the condominium blocks that will house the athletes during the 2023 Southeast-Asian Games and then be sold to private investors.
Sited next to the newly-opened Morodok Techo National Stadium, the land had to be developed carefully to meet national and local regulations and also fit in with the concept of the sports facility. Vancliff said only someone with the experience and qualifications provided by RICS membership could have developed the site successfully.